rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK bellyboard find.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: UK bellyboard find. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Recently found & bought this bellyboard at a local car boot sale. I don't know whether you guys are familiar with the concept of a car boot sale but the US translation would probably be an auto trunk sale (?).

Basically you fill your trunk with stuff you no longer want, drive to a pre-arranged sale venue, along with scores of other people, pay your entry fee and lay out your stuff for people to look at and buy.

I scored this board for 4 pounds sterling (about 3 dollars?). It's strange in that these boards are normally completely flat but this one has 5/8" inch concave (or reverse rocker) that starts from where the nose kicks up and extends right to the tail. I thought it was warped when I first looked at it but there is no twisting at all and I feel sure there would be if this was unintentional.

Tying this shape up to the technique for getting these boards into a wave earlier than normal, which is to push down on the nose and perhaps we have a shape that is intentionally designed to take off on clean waves.

I'm not sure how it would perform with this much reverse rocker, once on a wave but I'll let you know when I've recovered from my hernia operation!

The board is just under 4' long and just under 1' wide (parallel sides).

Brooky.

mrmike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give you $20 for it right now Laughing great find you never know what you find in a boot sale. I know a guy that found a 80year old paipo in a basement looks like it was never used the person just gave it to him said it was just junk. one man's thash is another man's treasure Cool
Brooky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr. Mike!

Not for sale though. This one's a keeper, at least until I find out how it surfs!

What do you think about the huge reverse rocker? Really not sure about how this would work. I suppose that with weight on it, it might flatten out a little. Could it plane on the nose & tail only or would the air gap create drag?
My guess is that it would bottom turn pretty well on the two low points digging into the face but as far as speed goes, it flies in the face of the 'flat is fastest' rule that usually applies to these boards.

Brooky.
mrmike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could unbend it with hot water and some clamps or weights but try it the way it is you might like it the way it is MRMIKE Cool
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very similar to my Crest board. Even the color. But mine is flat behind the nose rocker. Photo in an old thread at

http://rodndtube.com/paipo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=548
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: