rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Newbie post

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Old Newbie post Reply with quote

Hello All,
I'll introduce myself as a semi old fart (50 In sept.).
I started surfing right about the time of the beginning of the short board revolution and have surfed old time mats, bellyboards, paipos, longboards, kayaks, catamarans and whatever else you can think of. Mostly way too many years charging hard on kneeboards and now my poor old knees are shot and I don't paddle very well anymore either.
Sad Too much hard work and hard sea beds. I currently have a mat on order from Dale S and have a couple ideas for paipos I'd like to build.
The last couple years I've been riding one of the only bodyboards I ever really liked; one of Tom (Y) Morey's short lived ESCA's but it's just about wore out.
Anyway, This is a great site for the open minded surfer and I'm open to communication.
Cheers
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Newbie post Reply with quote

Uncle Grumpy wrote:
Hello All,
I'll introduce myself as a semi old fart

Welcome! You will find yourself in good company... Smile
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this site you may be considered a young'n.
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On this site you may be considered a young'n

that's cool, pop's Wink
Kneeridin
Matt Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...an acolyte for the Paipo Palace? If you find yourself on the mid Atlantic coast Deacon PaipoJim and Deacon Rod will assure you there are a handful of loaners in the quiver. Welcome.
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind offer. I rarely leave the west coast but if I get out that way we'll try and catch a few for sure.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kneeridin wrote:
...an acolyte for the Paipo Palace? If you find yourself on the mid Atlantic coast Deacon PaipoJim and Deacon Rod will assure you there are a handful of loaners in the quiver. Welcome.

Better make that Deacon PaipoJim in Oregon! On the other hand, Deacon Kneeriding has a grand quiver of paipos in the DelMarVa.

Again, "Welcome aboard youngun' Uncle Grumpy!"

P.S. Have you been down to admire the wonderful collection of paipos in the Leucadia Surfshop? Geoff Myers is the owner and paipo collector.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drive by there quite often but have not been in there for a while, guess I'll have to drop in Wink
Jim have you finished the boards shown in the building thread?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: