rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slackkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Hi Everyone just wanted to introduce myself to the group. Live in San Francisco and paipo and bodyboard regularly at ocean beach and up and down the coast here. enjoyed reading the posts so thought I would join. Been talking with surffoils and learning things on this sight.
OG-AZN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up & welcome slackkey. Another OB regular here. Good to know there are other paipo riders around in SF. Only seen 2 other guys riding paipo at OB in 12 yrs. What kind of board(s) are you riding?
slackkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly ride bodyboards but do ride a Turbo Speedstick. Surf mostly down at Kellys, Eagles and Ft. Point. What do you ride?
OG-AZN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly on the boog as well. Also longboard & bodysurfing. Started riding plywood paipos again this past summer, & up until last month. Ended up breaking 'em all though. Working on another one that I intend to glass this time. Probably be lurking around OB late this afternoon - have to p/u a friend at SFO this evening. Hope the wind stays offshore. BTW, what's a Turbo Speedstick?
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Working on another one that I intend to glass this time.
I think that means he has to find another shed door.
Heh heh.
Welcome, that makes three (3) paipo boarders in Northern California. Woohoo! OG I need to interview you (as soon as I can find a tape recorder) i was thinking I'd drive up to OB on a coming weekend if you'd be there. Providing there's some waves of course. When do you usually go out?
slackkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo surf designs used to be in Honolulu. Russ Brown made these composite paipos. They are about 3/4" thick and have a pointed upturned nose and swallowtail. one day we can meet and I'll bring it to show you what it is. Sweet design goes really well and flexs quite a bit, kinda trippy at first. Well looks like the wind switched this afternoon. Was bummed as driving over bay bridge and could see the fog rolling in. Was hoping to go out tommorrow. Also have a couple of wood boards made in Hawaii too.
OG-AZN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yeah, winds went NW by the time I got there. Went out anyway on the boog; still some swell in the water. Most miserable paddle out so far this season; non- stop rows of whitewater. Cleaned up a bit before dark w/ some fast bowly A frames to make it worth it.
bgreen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slackey,

Can you post some pics of your board?

Info on Russ Brown is here (HIpaipo posted this link on July 2009)

http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/views/russbrwn.htm

regards

Bob
slackkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bgreen I will try to post some pics soon been having problems with computer
bgreen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slackkey,

Computer problems are no fun at all. Look forward to seeing the pics.

bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: